The University at Albany Counseling Center will host “Mobilizing Change through Collaboration: Strategies to Prevent Underage Drinking,” a town hall forum on the critical issue of underage drinking. The event is designed to address national, state and regional perspectives affecting young people, communities and higher education institutions on this issue, as well as strategies and best practices to address it.
Co-sponsored by the New York Conference of Mayors and the Capital District Regional College Consortium on Alcohol and Other Drugs. The forum is part of a series of town hall meetings being held across the country in cooperation with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Robert J. Jones, President, University at Albany
Hon. Kathy Sheehan, Mayor, City of Albany
Congressman Paul Tonko, 20th District, New York
Frances M. Harding, Director, Center for Substance Abuse Prevention, SAMHSA
· M. Dolores Cimini, Ph.D., Assistant Director for Prevention & Program Evaluation, University at Albany Counseling Center
· Marc Cohen, Vice President, University at Albany Student Association
· Kathleen Jimino, County Executive, Rensselaer County
· Richard Lucey, Jr., Special Assistant to the Director, SAMHSA Center for Substance Abuse Prevention
· Technical Sergeant Doug Paquette, New York State Police - Traffic Services, Coordinator - Impaired Driving Enforcement Programs and Co-Chair, Commissioner’s Task Force on Underage Drinking
Reception to immediately follow in the Futterer Lounge
This Town Hall Meeting will be recorded and live-streamed. The live stream event can be accessed at:https://new.livestream.com/
Performing Arts Center, Recital Hall
Main Campus, University at Albany