Capital View Casino & Resort Joins Governor Cuomo in Commitment to 30% MWBE; Has Contracted with McKissack & McKissack to Achieve those Goals
(East Greenbush, NY) – Capital View Casino & Resort applauded Governor Andrew Cuomo’s announcement that New York will increase its commitment to Minority and Women-Owned Enterprises (MWBE) across the state, and pledged to match or exceed the Governor’s new 30 percent target for government contracts going to MWBE.
From the beginning of the bidding process, Capital View Casino & Resort has maintained a strong commitment to support MWBE’s in New York, as demonstrated by the hiring of McKissack & McKissack, the oldest women/minority-owned professional design and construction firm in the United States. Capital View and McKissack & McKissack will establish innovative MWBE Equal Opportunity Community Outreach and Workforce Programs for the casino site in East Greenbush during both the construction and operational phases.
“McKissack & McKissack helps responsible owners positively affect the growth of local and minority- and women-owned businesses, and we’re excited to be working with Capital View Casino & Resort to achieve its ambitious MWBE goals,” said Cheryl McKissack, President and CEO of McKissack & McKissack. “Capital View and McKissack & McKissack embrace community organizations by providing a foundation of cooperation through local entities. Together, we have the expertise and technical skills to establish and implement outreach programs to drive MWBE efforts during construction and the pre-opening hiring of employees of the casino and hotel.”
Capital View Casino & Resort’s Affirmative Action Plan Program Objectives:
· Meet the NYS Gaming Commission requirements for MWBE participation in the contract;
· Accelerate and guide small business collaboration process through due diligence in research, strategic planning, and implementation of EEO initiatives;
· Engaging stakeholder participation, buy-in, and ownership through customized facilitation and development of an action-plan and process for the small business program;
· Utilize Empire State Development’s NYS MWBE Directory of Certified Firms to identify qualified firms for bidding opportunities;
· Support project construction outreach seminars and workshops to identify qualified businesses;
· Participate in all project bidding and procurement opportunities for MWBEs;
· Prequalify, interview and refer eligible MWBE subcontracting firms for contracting opportunities;
· Provide technical resources and assistance to MWBEs as needed; and
· Maintain, manage and track all compliance reporting and documentation including good faith efforts.
In addition to its focus on supporting MWBE, Capital View Casino & Resort is the only casino bidder in the Capital Region with a formal agreement with the City of Albany, which includes a commitment to aggressively market employment opportunities to some of the city's neediest communities, including offering preferential hiring and an employee shuttle from Albany to the casino.
Capital View Casino & Resort, a proposal from Saratoga Casino and Raceway and Churchill Downs Incorporated, is the best project to build an infrastructure of sustained economic prosperity in the Capital Region. With proven partners and a winning history, Capital View Casino & Resort will boost the region’s economy, create jobs and increase tourism.