Friday, February 27, 2015

Ramps from Route 9 to I‑90 Eastbound in Albany to Close Saturday

Press Release from DOT:

Motorists are advised that the on-ramps from Route 9 onto Interstate 90 in Albany will be closed on Saturday from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. as part of a joint replacement project on the I-90 bridges over Broadway and North Pearl Street.

Motorists coming from Route 9 wishing to access eastbound I‑90 will be detoured to I‑90 westbound instead, where they can loop around at Exit 5 (Everett Road) to head eastbound.

Motorists will also see single lane closures on I-90 in both directions over Broadway and North Pearl Street and on the I-787 ramps to westbound I-90 during the work on Saturday.

It is imperative that motorists remember to drive carefully in the vicinity of this construction zone, for their own safety and the safety of workers.

Motorists are reminded that fines are doubled for speeding in a work zone. In accordance with the Work Zone Safety Act of 2005, convictions of two or more speeding violations in a work zone could result in the suspension of an individual’s driver’s license.

No comments:

Post a Comment