The Capital District Transportation Committee (CDTC), which is responsible for federal transportation funding and programming in the 4-county region of Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, and Schenectady Counties, has announced the schedule for its public information meetings to introduce their new long-range, regional transportation plan, known as New Visions 2040.
CDTC is inviting the public to these meetings to learn about CDTC and what we do, to learn about our New Visions 2040 plan, and to share feedback on the plan. The meetings will consist of a short presentation, followed by a general question & answer session, and then several interactive workstations where the public can ask specific questions and provide specific comments to CDTC staff.
The agenda for all the meetings will be the same. Listed below are the dates, times, and locations of each meeting.
CDTC Public Information Meetings:
· Thursday, March 12th – Schenectady County Community College, Stockade Room 101,
· Thursday, March 19th – Sand Creek Middle School, Auditorium,
· Wednesday, March 25th – Hudson Valley Community College, Bulmer Telecommunications Center Auditorium,
· Tuesday, March 31st – Empire State Plaza, Meeting Room 6,
· Tuesday, April 7th – Saratoga Springs City Hall, 3rd Floor Music Hall,
The public can learn more about New Visions 2040, the draft subject area papers, and the draft recommendations at http://www.cdtcmpo.org/
“Transportation and transportation technologies are changing rapidly. Self-driving cars and trucks, smart traffic signals and street lights, and drone freight deliveries are just some of the new technologies for which we must plan,” said Mike Franchini, CDTC Executive Director. “In order to plan for the future transportation system in the Capital Region, CDTC needs and welcomes the community’s input!”